Tuesday 12 February 2013

Rant #2

Note To Self

Avoid wearing hoodies that have big letters in the middle of it in order to avoid the stares that come your way. Oh and make sure if you do decide to wear those sweaters, that the word on it isn't "Corona".
I experienced a lot of stares today and probably some judgements as well. Unfortunately, I will be treking around with this particular sweater because it is the most comfortable one I have. And it's a guy's sweater... and we all know guy sweaters are just way too comfy and perfect!

Pictures

I do not mind people who take "selfies" all the time. I do not mind if people take pictures of random shit all the time. But what I do care about when it comes to pictures and posting them on social medias (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) are alcohol and half-nude pictures.

I understand if you have a tattoo and you're showing it off, by all means so some skin. But when girls are posting two-piece bathing suit (or as I like to call it the bra-underwear suit) and stating they "want summer back" is just plain disgusting. Like it shows how much you are willing to put out there of yourself. I completely understand if you're on a beach or in a hot country or anywhere near a pool of some sort. But when you are in your BEDROOM, it is just unnecessary and demeaning. As much as you love your body and want to share it with the world, please try and retain some of your dignity and leave it for either the summer or just for those who WANT to see it.

Alcohol pictures are something I cannot find exceptions for. I mean, if you are at a table and your drinks are photo bombing your picture, that's fine. Or if you think your drink is a pretty colour, or has a pretty display, or in a cool glass, by all means take pictures. But when you post pictures of countless number of bottles and post a status along the lines of "Time to get f***ed up b***hes", please leave. Or what about those people who take pictures of them holding a bottle? Aren't they just cool? NO! NO you are not cool. You are stupid. And arrogant. Who cares if you're getting drunk tonight? NO ONE! Who cares what alcohol your consuming? That's right, NO ONE! It does not make you cool, it just makes you a dummy who is a big show off.

"Tell me if I'm wrong. Tell me if I'm right. Tell me if you need a loving hand to help you fall asleep tonight"

1 comment:

  1. Ahahahhahaahahaha Agreed on both counts... Its wasted time and desperation.

    ReplyDelete